Descale light staying on Keurig coffee maker? It’s a common problem, but there’s an easy fix. In this article, we’ll show you how to get your Keurig working like new again.
What is the descale light?
The descale light is a feature on this coffee maker that alerts the user when it is time to descale the machine. It is an important part to maintain it by cleaning the internals of it and ensuring that it produces the best possible coffee.
This solution will remove any built-up calcium and other minerals that can cause problems with your machine.
It is easy to do and only takes a few minutes. You can find descaling solutions at most grocery stores or online. Once you have a solution, simply follow the instructions on the package to clean your machine.
Keep in mind that if your coffee maker is not descaling, the water you use to make your coffee will have a buildup of minerals. This can lead to a less than an optimal cup of coffee and decreased performance of your coffee maker over time.
To descale your coffee maker, follow the instructions in your Owner’s Manual. If you have any questions about it, please consult the owner’s manual, contact Keurig customer service for more information, or just read on.
Why does the descale light stay on?
After a Keurig has been descaled, the light will stay on for up to 72 hours. This is normal and indicates that the machine is still in the process of removing calcium deposits. The light will go off when the process is complete.
If the light stays on longer than 72 hours then that means that there is something wrong. But don’t worry because there are easy solutions to fixing this problem.
How to fix the descale light issue?
The Keurig descale light staying on is a very common issue. There are a few things you can try to fix the problem:
- First, make sure that you have followed the instructions for descaling your coffee maker. Sometimes the light will stay on even after you have successfully descaled the machine.
- Check to make sure that all of the connections on your coffee maker are tight and secure.
- If you have a water filter, make sure that it is clean and properly installed.
- Make sure that you have properly installed the water filter.
- Try running a cycle of just water through the machine to see if that clears the light.
- Make sure that the exit needle is clean
- If the light remains on, try unplugging the coffee maker for a few minutes, then plugging it back in. This can sometimes reset the machine and turn off the descale light.
- If the light still remains on, it is possible that there is a problem with the coffee maker itself.
If neither of these solutions works, you may need to contact Keurig customer service for further assistance.
How to Clean the Exit Needle?
Cleaning the exit needle might be the solution to this problem. The exit needle is located under the brew head. To clean it, remove the brew head and use a paperclip or similar object to clean out any coffee grounds that are clogging the needle. If the light continues to stay on after cleaning the exit needle, there may be something wrong with the water reservoir. Try descaling it with vinegar to see if that fixes the problem.
How Often Should I Descale My Keurig?
Depending on how often you use your coffee maker, you should descale it every three to six months, especially if you notice that your coffee isn’t tasting as good as it used to. It is a process of removing limescale build-up from the water tank, heating element, and other parts of the machine. It is important because it removes built-up calcium deposits from the machine, which can lead to better tasting coffee and a longer lifespan for your machine. To descale your Keurig, simply follow the instructions.
How to Descale?
Descaling is a simple process and only takes a few minutes. Here’s how to do it:
- Fill a pitcher with plain white vinegar.
- Place a filter in the brew basket and pour the vinegar into the water reservoir.
- Run the brew cycle without coffee grounds. The vinegar will cleanse the system and remove any buildup.
- Rinse the system by running a brew cycle with just water.
- Your Keurig is now ready to use!
If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us.
With these fixing tips and a little troubleshooting, you should be able to get your Keurig working properly again in no time. Enjoy your coffee once again!
Here are some of the most asked questions about this coffee maker you might find useful:
Why does the descale light stay on even after I have descaled my Keurig?
The light is designed to stay on until you have properly cleaned and rinsed your Keurig. This is to ensure that all the vinegar has been removed from your machine. If the light is still on after you have descaled, please refer to your user manual for proper cleaning instructions.
How do I descale?
Keurig’s Descaling Solution is the best and most effective way to descale your Keurig brewer. Simply follow the instructions included in the package, and it will be as good as new in no time!
How often should I descale?
For best results, descale your coffee maker every 3-6 months depending on your water quality. Polluted water will make its lifespan shorter!
My Keurig is leaving water spots on my cups, is this normal?
If your Keurig is leaving water spots on your cups, it is probably due to hard water. Try using distilled water in your Keurig and descaling it regularly to see if that helps.